The AS9120 standard builds upon the requirements in ISO 9001 and AS9100 and is intended for use by organizations that procure parts, materials, and assemblies in the aviation, space, and defense industries. Many aerospace organizations require their suppliers to have AS9120 Registration, and many organizations decide to implement AS9120 and obtain registration also because it assures customers that the company has a good Quality Management System (QMS).
AS9120 standardizes quality management system requirements and is used at all levels of the supply chain by organizations around the world. The use of AS9120 results in improved quality, cost, and delivery performance through the reduction or elimination of organization-unique requirements, effective implementation of the quality management system, and wider application of good practice.
While primarily developed for the aviation, space, and defense industry, this standard can also be used in other industry sectors when a quality management system with additional requirements over an ISO 9001 system is needed.
Benefits to your organization:
- Understanding and consistency in meeting requirements
- Consideration of processes in terms of added value
- Effective process performance
- Improvement of processes based on evaluation of data and information
- Efficient handling of documentation and records
- Detecting opportunities for operational improvements and reduction of costs
- Eliminate and mitigate business risks